OUR PROMISE TO YOU IS TO
- HOLD YOUR DATA SECURELY
- SHARE ONLY WHERE YOU AGREE
- USE YOUR DATA TO TAILOR THE INFORMATION WE PROVIDE YOU, ARRANGE YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS AND IMPROVE OUR SERVICES
- PUT YOU IN CONTROL BY ALLOWING YOU TO UPDATE, DELETE AND ACCESS YOUR DATA
The sort of personal data we collect will be information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, and personal travel arrangements. In addition, we may also be required to obtain your passport details for travel arrangements, check-in and security reasons.
We will need to collect this information to arrange the services you are requesting. We will only collect, process, use, share and store your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be to create a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you.
What we use collected information for
We use the personal information you provide in order to:
- Fulfil our contract with you and/or deal with your booking or intended booking, including processing your booking, sending you your itinerary or other details relating to your booking.
- Manage your wider travel or services requirements (for example, liaising with and transferring your data to airlines, service providers and/or travel facilitators so that they can facilitate your booking and/or your travel arrangements so any disruption can be minimised), this includes when you book a service which may be provided by us or third parties with us.
- Process payments for your booking, fulfil requests for refunds and for accounting or audit purposes.
- Personalise the service and offers you receive (for example, by being aware of previous travel experiences, transactions or preferences, and tailoring the way we provide our products or services to you based on your preferences and profile).
- Communicate and interact with you at different times throughout your journey and or to answer any questions and queries you submit to us.
- Communicate with airlines, accommodation providers and other parties that are part of your journey regarding your experience, preferences, compliments or complaints.
- Improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys so that we can obtain a better understanding of how we can continue to improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones. During these surveys, we may collect personal information from you relating to your thoughts/comments about your experience with us.
- Market our products and services to you where you have opted in for such communications.
- Manage our business such as for systems testing, IT maintenance or development training, benchmarking and performance measurement
- Use it for our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation.
If you have any queries about any of our products or services, compliments or complaints, we will need to collect information from you, including your contact details, in order for us to respond to your query or provide you with assistance. We will collect this information when you send us an email, call our customer service or reservations line, visit a local office or contact us via another form of communication such as through social media or an online chat tool.
When you visit the Site, or follow the Company on social media, or use/subscribe to one of the digital services used by the Company for correspondence or services, we collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and information necessary to process your requests. We will need to collect this information to arrange the travel and other services you are requesting, and provide a better digital service.
Legal, Compliance & Regulatory Requirements
We process your personal information so that we can meet our legal, compliance and regulatory obligations, for legal purposes, such as to respond to a valid legal claim, summons or regulatory order, and to protect our property, rights and interests as well as the property, rights and interest of other persons.
We also process your personal information for crime prevention and detection purposes, including the prevention of fraud for online payments, for identity verification, for credit checking and credit scoring purposes and accounting or audit purposes. In each case, we do so in compliance with applicable laws.
Special category personal information
In some cases, we may also need to collect more sensitive personal data such as information concerning medical conditions, disabilities and special requirements such as dietary requests which may disclose your religious beliefs, so as to be able to consider your particular needs in relation to a booking or service.
We do not generally collect special categories of personal information from you, but where we do, we seek to minimise the collection and use of it and handle it with extra care. We also share this information with third parties which help manage our business and other companies which help manage your booking or journey. Where you (or any passenger travelling) provide us with special categories of personal information you agree that you have voluntarily provided such information and you as well as the travellers you provide such information for consent for us to use that information for the purposes for which it was collected.
We collect personal information from third parties who you have authorised to provide your personal information to us (for example, this may be your travel agent or another person making a booking on your behalf, your travel companion, your travel coordinator, our promotion partners, social media and other digital websites). We also collect personal information from individuals who may refer you as a friend to our products or services. We ask these individuals to confirm that you are happy to hear from us.
We collect different personal information depending on your payment method (such as credit card, bank transfer, cash). For example: for credit card payments, we may collect the card holder name, address, card number, expiry date and CVC code.
We may also capture your interactions with our website and booking journey via tools on our website in order to identify errors or issues and ensure your customer experience meets expectations. In all such cases, we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and that respects your privacy rights
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimise our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Vendors such as but not limited to Wilderness, And Beyond, various airlines and so on that we use to book and organise your travel.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, address, date of birth, payment information (including credit card numbers), telephone number, personal travel arrangements, passport details, email address, and phone number. In some cases, we may also need to collect more sensitive personal data such as information concerning medical conditions, disabilities and special requirements such as dietary requests which may disclose your religious beliefs.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to arrange travel arrangements, ensure your medical and personal requirements are met while travelling for safety, assist with check-in and security requirements, to process your applicable payment information, and provide you with invoices and/or booking confirmations, communicate with airlines, accommodation providers and other parties that are part of your journey regarding your experience, preferences, compliments or complaints, communicate with you, screen our bookings for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: liaising with and transferring your data to airlines, service providers and/or travel facilitators so that they can facilitate your booking and/or your travel arrangements so any disruption can be minimised, this includes when you book a service which may be provided by us or third parties with us.
Customer Support Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, contact information, and details of related booking or travel arrangements.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: liaising with and transferring your data to related third parties, airlines and/or service providers to ensure satisfactory customer support.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 21 years as entering into a booking or reservation presentments a binding contractual agreement. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimise your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Site
- Webflow: We use both session and persistent cookies through Webflow. Session cookies allow us to uniquely identify your browser while you are logged in and to process your online transactions. Session cookies disappear from your computer when the web browser is closed or computer is turned off.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below
[Wild Again Pty Ltd, 2 Maple Mews, 6 Maple Avenue, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001]
Last updated: [26 October 2023]
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI Act RSA) [https://popia.co.za/]
Founder, Private Guide and Safari Planner
Being born the daughter of David Attenborough (it’s true but he’s probably not the one you’re thinking of) I don’t believe I ever really had much choice about what direction my life would take. I grew up in the city of Durban, South Africa but for as long as I can remember nature has called to me. Whenever I could I would escape to the forests around my home barefoot and in search of chameleons and red duiker to befriend.
And so in 2010, after completing my Journalism and Media Studies degree, I followed that calling to the wilds of Southern Africa to become a game ranger. I planned to stay for a year but it turned into ten. During that time, I worked at Phinda Private Game Reserve, Ngala Private Game Reserve and Londolozi Game Reserve, some of South Africa’s most prestigious lodges and immersed myself in the natural world. I learnt to track animals with Zulu and Shangaan trackers and spent as much time as I could on foot approaching animals with my guests. I also put my photojournalism degree to use by becoming a specialist photographic guide. I travelled to Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, Israel, Jordan, Egypt, India and throughout South America in search of wildlife. My greatest adventure was living in Gabon training local guides for the WWF and Smithsonian Institute, where we spent weeks at a time living like early nomads in the dense and remote coastal forests, fulfilling a life-long dream of tracking and habituating wild gorillas. Seeing how embodied and present animals are inspired me to begin practicing yoga. I am a qualified vinyasa and yin teacher and spent six months training under a Hatha master in Boulder, Colorado. I am also a certified Martha Beck life coach. With this mixture of knowledge, interests and skills, I started Wild Again to help others really experience the wild places I know and love so much. Through my specialised Wellness Safaris that incorporate yoga, meditation, mindfulness and personalised life coaching I continue to grow more conscious safaris that return people to nature and to themselves. As we re-wild ourselves we hear the earth, our common mother, again. It is only then that we can co-create with her healing.